Rubber and different types of polymer materials are widely used for a variety of applications, such as vibration isolation mounts, seals, o-rings and gaskets, shock mounts, and tires. The mechanical properties of these materials allow them to act as excellent dampers providing high compliance over a long fatigue life.
This course provides a brief overview of different types of rubber and polymer materials in the automotive and biomedical industries. The main focus of this short class is to teach the attendees to:
- Introduction to Polymers and Rubber materials for Engineering Applications.
- Non-linear Rubber Elasticity.
- Hyperelastic Strain Energy Functions.
- Mechanical Material Testing and Curve Fitting in FEA Softwares (Theory and Application).
- Hands-on Workshop.
- Questions and Answers Session.
This course is recommended for design engineers, FEA analysts, engineers working with new product development etc.