The endurance and durability testing of rubber polymer components is a functional fatigue test that helps to characterize and understand the in-service life performance of parts and components. Testing is Cyclic in nature and carried out as either in stress control testing (load mean level, load, stress amplitude)or under strain controlled testing (mean strain level, displacement, amplitude).
Using servo-hydraulic fatigue testing systems and digital test controllers capable of ultra-fast PID control, different controling modes are normally achieved. Typical criteria are:
1) Number of cycles at a specified strain or stress level
2) Amplitude or Position under specific load
3) Elastomeric parameters like stiffness, damping, etc., falling outside specified range
Fatigue testing of the following elastomeric parameters can be studied over the components life under the endurance or durability test;
6) Energy Loss
7) Dynamic Stiffness (K)
8) Frequency Sweep
These calculations and results of these properties helps component designers to comeup with designs and material compounds that provide enhanced service life and durability.
Our laboratory has the capabilities to provide the following test requirements;
1) High cycle and Low Cycle Fatigue testing
2) Fatigue crack growth rate measurements
3) Fracture toughness testing
4) Tensile testing
5) Slow strain rate testing
6) Advanced material characterisation
Contact us for a quick quote on your testing needs.