Space research and application demands stringent requirements from materials, making it imperative that they are tested rigorously, by multiple methods and techniques to fully characterize their performance and their ability to handle degradation, mechanical fatigue under extreme conditions.
AdvanSES provides full mechanical characterization of specialty polymers, rubber and in-homogeneous materials, for use in demanding atmospheric and space applications. Mechanical fatigue testing is a core area for us and we can test materials for HCF, LCF as well as elevated temperatures.
We can provide the following testing protocols for your rubbery materials;
1) Uniaxial Tension Test as per ASTM D412
2) Compression Test as per ASTM D575
3) Tear Test as per ASTM D624
4) Crompression Stress Relaxation Test as per ASTM D6147
5) Dynamic Viscoelastic Test ASTM D5992
6) Hyperelastic Material Constants
7) Axial Fatigue as per ASTM D7791